Starting a New Matter
Matters, i.e. cases, can be opened from within the Contact page of a client or from the Matters section. Matters are the work space where you will do things like record note, add time entries and expenses, fill out forms, and tracking case progress.
To open a new matter:
- Go to the Contact section and search for the client.
- Click on the Action menu at top and select Open New Matter.
- Assign a name to the Matter
Note: Lolly gives all new matters a default name (Office-LastName-Date) that you can edit as you like.
- Set up the billing type for the Matter
Note: Currently, Lolly Law supports Hourly, Flat Fee, and Pro Bono billing types. From here you can enter the initial deposit or retainer amount as well as set up monthly payments or trust deposits.
- Select the individuals involved in the Matter
Note: To attach individuals to the matter, they must first be entered in as Contacts. Once entered as a Contact, the individual can be added to the matter.
- Assign legal team members. These users will then be assigned to this matter and receive a caseload change notification.
- Enter Case Theory/Notes in the text area.